Crashed while tuning

A place for users of the Entropy Piano Tuner to discuss problems or how to use features of the software in practice.

Crashed while tuning

Postby josecolonsr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:07 pm

I was tuning my piano last night and the program shut down. I thought it would save my recording but it didn't and I was only half way through. So now I have to record all the keys again, and calculate to pick up where I left off. Is this normal? Why does is ask for piano information, name, date, SN if its not going to save that file? Did I do something wrong or missed something? BTW I was using the APP on my iPad.
Jose
Sound Check Studio
josecolonsr

Re: Crashed while tuning

Postby afries52 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:13 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is your problem too, but I have found the app to crash on my iPod touch 5th gen when a sound that is "too loud" is picked up. For instance, setting a tool town, bumping the phone, setting it down too hard, etc. Any LOUD noise (not pitch). It instantly crashes and all things are lost. If the log even registers anything, It registers as a negative value (I think like -0.01 or something) on the last "pitch" recorded. I don't have a screenshot handy that shows this. I haven't been using it lately for this very reason.
afries52

Postby Christoph » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:33 am

We are sorry for the loss of the recording due to a bug in our free software.
The program does not save the file automatically. Instead you need to hit the 'save tool button' in the tool bar. The program should also ask for automatic saving when you switch the mode (e.g. Recording->Computing).

@afries52 If you could reproduce this crash easily and send us a screenshot of the negative 'pitch', it would be very helpful so fix this bug.
Christoph

Postby afries52 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,

Here is the text of the log. I can't seem to recreate that error I had before with the "negative numbers". This is on an iPod 6g. The program will crash in record mode if there is a sound that seems to be too loud or "clip". An easy way to make this happen is to tap the iPod, set it down hard while it is recording, etc. The app immediately crashes. When starting it again, it asks for the log, and this is what is displays:

I/16:23:51: In file core/adapters/filemanager.cpp in function open at line 118
Stream at '/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/4595A6AC-5F2B-4BBF-A76C-C4E45A3CC72A/Library/Caches/entropy_tuner_log.txt' is open.

I/16:23:51: In file core/system/log.cpp in function createLogFile at line 48
Log file for entropy tuner

Not very helpful I would assume.

Thanks!
afries52

Return to Using the Entropy Piano Tuner in practice