Algorithm Does Not Exist

Problems with compiling or running the Entropy Piano Tuner, queries about how to use features etc.

Algorithm Does Not Exist

Postby indri.cilia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 am

Hi,
I have successfully been using EPT on a 32 bit Fedora 23 laptop for a couple of months now and I just upgraded the machine to 64 bit Fedora 23. I downloaded 6b5f1263 a few days back and compiled it all up. Managed to sample all keys (an 85 key Knight piano) but when I start calculations, I get :

/nobackup/Downloads/Entropy-Piano-Tuner-master-6b5f126379f7a0e1e79c36d67319ddd61c3f610b/core/calculation/calculationmanager.cpp:301: const AlgorithmFactoryDescription& CalculationManager::getAlgorithmFactoryDescriptionById(const string&) const: Assertion `(hasAlgorithm(id)) && ("Algorithm does not exist")' failed.

I've straced the program and I'm pretty sure that the algorithm is on a valid path (libentropyminimizer.so.1.0.0 in this case) so I am not sure what is going on. I've attached log file.

Well, its summer here right now and the piano has gone all honky-tonk on me so I really look forward to tuning it up again.

Cheers
indri.cilia

Re: Algorithm Does Not Exist

Postby Christoph » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 am

Hi,

I guess the problem is that the shared algorithm libraries are not found by the EPT. The default search dirs can be found at 'core/calculation/calculationmanager.cpp' line 81. Could you check whether your directory is listed?.
All of these directories are iterated in line 154. There should be a log output of all of these loops in the log file. Could you check this aswell? Hopefully there is some kind of hint.

Best
Christoph
Christoph

Postby Christoph » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 am

I just compiled the EPT on a clean Fedora 24 machine. All of the algorithms are recognized. No problems occurred.

Maybe you should start with a clean build (remove the build dir, grasp current code)

Best
Christoph

Postby indri.cilia » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Christoph,
what I did do is remove the application entirely including is config file and downloaded the rpms from the opensuse.org repositories. Even that failed when calculating. So, I'll now follow your advice and keep you posted.

Cheers
indri.cilia

Postby Christoph » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:23 am

This is very strange, because in the version of online repos there do not exist separate shared libraries for the algorithms yet. At least this should/must work... I'll check this on my fedora (24) virtual machine later.
Christoph

Return to Help